CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Check out my photography blog here: http://brooklyn-thedarkroom.blogspot.com/

Friday, April 25, 2008

Silly Puppet!

Photobucket
I love making puppets. They are hard and take a few hours though. I got the idea from the puppets at my church. I used to be on the puppet team. We called the ones with neon colors "silly puppets".

I'll try to explain how to make one, but it will take a while! Start out with cardboard. Use some strong enough, cause this will be the mouth. You will have 2 peices(a top piece and a bottom piece). Cut each piece the same size. Put them on top of each other and glue a strip of felt on the straight outer edge to keep it together. (I use hot glue) Next, cover the inside of the mouth with felt, and add a tongue. Here comes the hard part. (You might just figure it out yourself, cause this might be confusing) This will start the face. Take a whole piece of felt and glue it on the edge of the mouth.(the top part of the mouth) Then glue another whole piece of felt on the bottom part of the mouth. You just have to keep playing with it till it will work right. Ok, so somehow you have to attach the top piece with the bottom piece. It's not easy, but you have to glue them together trying to make it neat cause it will show on the back of the head. Below is a picture of the back of the head. Unless you cover it with hair, I couldn't figure out a way to make it smooth.

Photobucket
After you get that done, you can stuff the head. Then, take the fleece you want to be it's shirt, and glue it around the neck. This is pretty hard to do too. One piece should just fit it perfectly. Then glue down the open part in the back of the shirt. Now, you can make arms! Get a strip of fleece and make kind of a tube and glue it together. Then stuff the arm. Make sure it will bend at the elbow. Now, cut out hands, get some wooden sticks and paint them black, and glue the hands and sticks inside the edge of the arms. Put eyes, a nose, and hair(I used one of those feather boas that you can get at Hobby Lobby) on your puppet and you're done!

The whole thing took me 4 hours to do. But it's so cool when you're done!

2 comments:

sourpatch said...

Nice puppet!!

A little confusing though....

sourpatch

Brooklyn said...

Yeah, I know. Sorry, I can't really tell you how to make it. There's not really a certain way, I just make them.